Jim Stoffman has conducted trials and appeals at all levels of courts in Manitoba and the Supreme Court of Canada for more than 35 years. His legal opinions, commentary and appearances are often sought by the media. He has been a Continuing Legal Education lecturer for the Law Society of Manitoba for many years and has published several articles on Family Law.
Jim Stoffman was one of a handful of lawyers in Canada commissioned by the Federal Government in 1997 to author the Department of Justice Child Support Guidelines Reference Manual.
In 1996, Canadian Business magazine featured Jim Stoffman as one of the 7 ‘superstars” of divorce in Canada.
Since the beginning of the peer ranked publication entitled Best Lawyers in Canada, Jim Stoffman has not only achieved this designation each year but has been the only lawyer in Manitoba practising Family Law to have done so. For 2012, Jim Stoffman was selected by his peers as “Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year” for Family Law in Manitoba.
- Admitted to the Bar, 1975, Manitoba.
- University of Winnipeg (B.A., 1971).
- University of Manitoba (LL.B., 1974).
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 1985.
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1995.
- Chartered Arbitrator, Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Manitoba, 2005.