James Ryan practices in the area of complex commercial litigation, litigation involving direct sales companies and distributors, civil racketeering litigation, business torts, actions for breach of contract, and class actions. His experience includes:
- Representation of direct sales companies in contract disputes, civil racketeering actions and commercial tort actions.
- Defense of corporations, corporate directors and officers in shareholder derivative litigation.
- Defense of corporations and individuals in federal and state civil RICO litigation, including class actions.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1984
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1983
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 1982