Holt Foster's practice focuses on (i) mergers and acquisitions; (ii) formation of and investments in private equity funds; (iii) private placements, venture capital, and creative financing; (iv) international and domestic energy transactions; (v) video game and entertainment development, publishing, and licensing agreements; and (vi) structuring and negotiating high-tech and software transactions. His expertise includes public and private clients in a broad range of industries, both domestically as well as in Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East.
Holt has practical business and entrepreneurial experience through his founding of an international entertainment software publishing company, which subsequently was sold to a publicly traded company. In addition to his law practice, Holt serves on a number of civic and charitable boards in the community.
Represented private equity funds and other institutional investors in connection with numerous private equity investments
— Represented private equity funds and other institutional investors in connection with numerous private equity investments, including investments with the following aggregate capital commitments:
- $900 million
- $400 million
- $250 million
- $230 million
- $65 million
- $100 million
- $10 million
— Numerous M&A transactions, including:
- Roll up of six privately-held oilfield services companies;
- $700 million Represented purchaser in series of acquisitions of wellsite services companies;
- $600 million Represented seller in sale of multi-state oil and gas pipeline;
- $100 million Represented purchaser in acquisition of all the assets of a water transfer service provider;
- $78 million Represented purchaser in acquisition of oil and gas services company;
- $75 million Merger of two exploration and production companies;
- $37 million Represented purchaser in acquisition of all common stock of a water transfer service provider;
- $35 million Sale of international oil & gas construction inspection company;
- $26 million Investment in Texas Rangers major league baseball team
Represented international video game developers and publishers — Represented international video game developers and publishers in the licensing of comic book and movie franchises such as "Project Runway," "Frank Miller's Sin City," "Conan the Barbarian," and "MTV's Jack Ass: The Movie"