David Washburn is a partner in the firm’s corporate securities practice and specializes in representing high growth companies and their investors. David has significant experience in M&A transactions (for both buyers and sellers), private equity transactions, registered securities offerings and general business advice. David also maintains significant experience in corporate governance, Sarbanes-Oxley and internal investigation matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
David's M&A practice is distinguished by the fact that he is routinely engaged by Boards, Senior Management, investment bankers and other counsel who are tasked with managing a high-stakes, complex or usual M&A transaction. David's practice has been recognized by numerous industry and legal publications and in 2014 he was selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America. The Legal 500 (a directory of leading practitioners compiled on the basis of peer and client referrals) called Mr. Washburn one of the leading M&A lawyers in the United States and reported: "His straight-forward, goal-oriented, 'place-the-client's-objectives first' attitude is refreshing and places him in a very small elite of attorneys. He always delivers prompt, courteous, best practice services."
- represented Impartial Services Group (the nation's largest provider of vehicle reacquisition and recall management services to automobile manufacturers) in its sale to a global regulated waste services business;
- represented Source Technology (manufacturer of specialized components for the Measurement While Drilling industry) in its sale to Audax Private Equity;
- represented Pecos Gathering and Marketing, Black Hawk Gathering and Striker Oilfield Services in their sale to NGL Energy Partners;
- represented Composite Engineering, Inc. (U.S. drone-maker) in its sale to Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc. Transaction was recognized as the Aerospace and Defense "Deal of the Year - 2012;"
- represented vAuto, Inc. (a high-tech automotive inventory management tool and the second fastest growing software company in the country) in its sale to AutoTrader.com;
- represented ATX Group (following Onstar, the second largest telematics provider in the world) in its sale to Cross Country Automotive Services;
- represented Silverleaf Resorts (a publicly traded timeshare company) in its sale to Cerberus;
- represented Handango in its sale to PocketGear in a transaction that created the world's largest cross platform, open app store for mobile content;
- represented Huawei Technologies in its acquisition of Cognigene;
- represented a “top five” domestic interexchange carrier in the acquisition of a multinational telecommunications company;
- represented buyers and sellers of various construction companies—both bonded and unbonded (including a manufacturer of high-rise and commercial construction components, a high-power line installation and service company, a bridge and infrastructure company, and a turf field and sports track installer);
- represented numerous public companies in M&A transactions, including the merger of the world’s leading technology services company; and
- represented scores of other private sellers and buyers of “middle-market” businesses valued between $10 million and $500 million (including those in the aerospace and defense, medical devices, biotechnology, software, distribution, food products, online services, manufacturing and services industries).
David has handled the initial public offering of numerous clients in a variety of industries including high technology, telecommunications, banking, manufacturing and service.
He has also handled numerous:
- private placements;
- preferred stock financings for issuers and private equity investors;
- secondary and PIPE transactions; and
- 144A transactions, including the first Trust Originated Preferred Securities Offering outside of New York.
David was Special U.S. Counsel in the IPO of Petro-Victory Energy, a South American-focused oil and gas company with E&P opportunities in Paraguay on the Toronto Stock Exchange.