Ignacio Sanjurjo joined Deloitte as partner of Deloitte Abogados in March 2015. He is currently the partner in charge of the Corporate M&A area of Deloitte Abogados at the Barcelona office.
He previously worked at Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira (from 2000 to 2015, where he became a partner in 2008), BDO Spain (from 1996 to 2000) and Bufete Mirosa (from 1993 to1996).
Ignacio provides legal advice to Spanish and international companies and groups in the following areas:
- Ongoing legal advice relating to his clients' normal course of business.
- Corporate Law on all manner of company transactions and business reorganisations, as well as corporate governance.
- Sale and purchase of companies, as well as joint venture agreements and private equity and venture capital investments.
- Contracts and commercial collaboration agreements, including franchise, distribution, etc.
- He is a leading lawyer in the hotel industry and advises to the different parties involved (owners, property developers, construction companies, banks and operators) and has participated in many major projects, transactions and agreements.
- In the family-business area, he has participated in the preparation of protocols and other family agreements, and also taken part in the creation of family-business forums.
Ignacio is member of the Barcelona Bar Association and a regular speaker at courses, seminars, and conferences relating to his areas of expertise.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Universitat de Barcelona (1988-1993).
- Master in Tax Consultancy and Management of ESADE Business School (1996-1997).