Gregg has delivered tax opinions as bond counsel or special tax counsel in connection with financings for states, cities, counties, school districts and other political subdivisions. He has participated in all facets of the tax analysis associated with the issuance of qualified 501(c)(3) bonds, qualified hospital bonds, qualified student loan bonds and qualified small issue bonds.
Gregg also has extensive experience in IRS audits of tax-exempt bonds, representing issuers and other interested parties.
- Obtained IRS regulation approving Texas Permanent School Fund Guarantee of Charter School Bonds
- Obtained Closing Agreement from IRS Appeals for municipal issuer
- Obtained the Hotel Management Contract private letter ruling for a municipal client
- Obtained a “no-change” letter from the IRS on the financing of a fiber optic network with tax-exempt bonds
- Delivered the tax opinion on the bonds financing Minute Maid Park, Reliant Stadium and Toyota Center, as well as municipal sports parks like Big League Dreams—League City