Ginger Shields advises families and individuals in tax and estate planning matters. She routinely assists clients in preparing estate plans that offer significant estate and gift tax savings. A large part of her practice has involved the preparation of succession plans for closely held businesses. She also has experience in charitable giving and the organization and operation of family charitable foundations.
Honors & Awards
- "The Best Lawyers in America" in Trusts and Estates (Woodward/White publishing, 2013-2016)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers - Rising Star in Estate Planning and Probate (2009 and 2011)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law and Business Law Sections, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee, Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Greensboro Bar Association
- Volunteer, Junior League of Greensboro, 1998-2002
- Director of Family Ministries, 2012-present; Director of Children's Ministries, 2010-2012, West Market Street United Methodist Church
- Member, Children's Ministry Committee, 2006--, Member, Staff Parish Relations Committee, 2006--, and Member, Finance Committee and Administrative Board, 2000-03, West Market Street United Methodist Church
- Co-Author, ABA Sales and Use Tax Deskbook, North Carolina Chapter - ABA, 1999-2002