Gerardo joined Deloitte Asesores Tributarios in 2015 as Director in the Corporate International group and member of the firm's Tax Technical Committee.
Before joining Deloitte, he was Principal Associate in the Tax Department of Uría Menéndez, where he initiated his professional career back in 2002.
Simultaneously to his professional activity, he has been professor at the main Tax Advisory Master's Degrees and he has published articles in specialist magazines and technical books.
He is a registered lawyer and economist at the Madrid Bar Association and the Madrid Association of Economists.
Gerardo has a wide experience in tax advisory services, specially in M&A and corporate and international transactions, and he has been involved in many of the most significant transactions carried out in recent years, leading or as a member of the relevant tax advisory team.
His main areas of expertise include:
- Domestic and international tax planning.
- Corporate reorganization transactions.
- Transactional taxation.
- General corporate and high worth individuals’ taxation.
- Insurance and financial transactions.
- Tax reviews (due diligence reviews).
- Tax audits and administrative and courts’ proceedings.
- Professor at the Garrigues Master's Degree course on Tax Law.
- Professor at the Universidad de Navarra Master's Degree Course on Tax Counselling.
- In the past, he was also professor at CEU Executive Master's Decree on Tax, at ICADE University Master's Degree course on Tax and International Taxation and at the Instituto de Empresa Master's Degree on Tax Advisory.
- He has also published numerous articles in the press and specialist magazines.
- Speaker at various seminars and conferences