A veteran litigator, arbitrator and mediator, George Hanna possesses extensive experience in wide-ranging business and construction disputes.
He also serves as a trial court mediator certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission and is a member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association.
Prior to joining Moore & Van Allen, he clerked for Chief Justice Joseph Branch of the North Carolina Supreme Court.
- AV peer review rated in Martindale-Hubbell legal directory for over 30 years including 2015
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Marquis’ Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in America and Who's Who in the World
- Member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Charlotte International Arbitration Society
- Certified Trial Court Mediator by the NC Dispute Resolution Commission
- Law Clerk to Hon. Joseph Branch, Chief Justice, North Carolina Supreme Court, 1968-1969
- Former Board Chair of Legal Services of Southern Piedmont
- Former Board Chair of the Children’s Law Center (now Council for Children's Rights)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the UNC Law Alumni Association
- Former Member of the North Carolina Chief Justice's Commission on Equal Access to Justice and current Special Advisor to the Commission
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Past President of the Mecklenburg County Bar and Founding Chair of the Mecklenburg County Bar's Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Past President of the Mecklenburg Bar Foundation
- Former member of the Board of Governors and Former Chair of the Pro Bono Planning Committee of the NC Bar Association
- Recipient in 2012 of the Inaugural Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award jointly given by the Council for Children’s Rights, Legal Aid of North Carolina and Legal Services of Southern Piedmont
- Recipient of the 2010 Dr. I Beverly Lake Public Service Award and the 2014 Citizen Lawyer Award by the NC Bar Association
- Recipient of the 2015 Ayscue Professionalism Award by the Mecklenburg Bar Foundation
- Recipient of the 2006 Diversity in Business Award by the Diversity Council of the Carolinas, the 2008 Willie J. Stratford, Sr. Diversity Award by the Greater Charlotte YMCA and the 2009 Julius L. Chambers Diversity Champion Award by the Mecklenburg County Bar
- Former Chair of Moore & Van Allen's Public Service Committee
- Former Chair of Moore & Van Allen's Diversity Committee