George Haas focuses his practice on patent law and contracts related to patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. He has extensive experience in assisting companies and individual inventors in acquiring and protecting product designs, technology and business know-how. Mr. Haas’ practice includes patent experience in industrial controls and computer control systems, electric motor controls, hydraulic systems and components, medical devices and surgical apparatus, food processing equipment, electricity distribution systems and components, gasoline engines, semiconductor devices and integrated circuits, image processing, lasers and television broadcast equipment. His recent experience includes:
- Obtaining U.S. and foreign patents on mechanical, electrical and business method inventions.
- Negotiating and drafting joint product development contracts and technology licenses.
- Reviewing clients’ products for potential patent infringement and successfully defending against claims of patent infringement.
- Stopping competitors from copying clients’ patented products.
- Performing due diligence reviews of patents, trademarks, and copyrights being acquired or licensed by clients, and recording the transfer of ownership.
- Counseling clients and their employees regarding what can and should be patented and pitfalls that jeopardize the ability to obtain a patent.