Fred Burnside concentrates his practice in complex civil litigation, with particular emphasis on consumer class action defense. He is co-chair of Davis Wright Tremaine’s class action defense group. Fred has counseled and represented numerous clients in class action lawsuits across the country, including Amazon.com, AOL, AT&T, eBay, eNom, Microsoft Corp., Providence Hospital Systems, Scholastic Inc., Shell Oil, Skype Inc., Starbucks, T-Mobile USA, The University of California, Verizon Wireless, and Wolters Kluwer.
Fred is a member of the firm’s executive committee. He is also co-chair of the ABA’s Consumer Law Subcommittee on Class and Derivative Suits, editor of the ABA Class Action Committee's Annual Survey of State Class Action Litigation, and is a member of the American Law Institute.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit