Forrest Campbell provides advice to health care providers concerning regulatory compliance, HIPAA, certificates of need, licensure, managed care agreements, medical staff issues, contracting arrangements, and antitrust issues. Because providers are heavily regulated, Forrest regularly represents providers before governmental bodies, including the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Service, the Division of Health Service Regulation, the Certificate of Need Section, and the State Health Coordinating Council. He also prepares healthcare legislation and regulations.
Forrest's recent engagements include representing the North Carolina Hospital Association as amicus curiae before the North Carolina Court of Appeals in one of the State's most controversial hospital Certificate of Need (CON) cases. In his amicus curiae brief, Forrest articulated the winning argument that was adopted by the Court as the basis for its favorable ruling. Forrest's recent engagements have also resulted in a CON settlement that allows two hospitals, through a joint venture, to build a state-of-the-art cancer treatment center, the State authorizing a multi-facility health care provider to sell its facilities to a buyer without obtaining a CON, and the State authorizing a hospital to acquire a surgery center and have the surgery center licensed as part of the hospital, all without obtaining a CON.
Other engagements have resulted in Medicare issuing a new fee schedule for ambulance providers, the State Medical Facilities Plan including a need for additional PET scanners, and the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services agreeing to include a "prompt pay" provision in its contracts with county mental health authorities.
Honors & Awards
Professional & Community Activities
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Health Care Law, 2016
- Selected as a "2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care" by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers for Health Care, 2012-2015
- Member, Health Law Section Council, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, North Carolina Society of Health Care Attorneys, 2000-02
- Member, American Health Lawyers
- Member, Health Law Section, American Bar Association
- Board Member, Foothills Chamber Music, Winston-Salem, NC, 2002-04
- Board Member, Our Lady of Grace Catholic School, 2000-01
- Parish Council, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, 2002-05
- Member, Carolina Privacy Officials Network