Firoz specializes in the taxation of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, debt restructurings, partnership arrangements and international taxation. He has written articles and presented papers on a number of income tax subjects for the International Tax Review, Journal of International Taxation, Canadian Tax Journal and the Tax Executives Institute. Firoz has been seconded to the Rulings Directorate of Revenue Canada, Taxation as a senior rulings officer in the corporate reorganizations section.
- URS Corporation in its $1.5 billion proposed acquisition of Flint Energy Services Ltd.
- Equinox Minerals Limited in respect of its proposed acquisition of Lundin and in respect of its acquisition by Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Magna International Inc. in respect of its recapitalization to eliminate its dual share structure.
- Biovail Corporation in respect of its merger with Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- TD Bank in respect of its acquisition of Commerce Bancorp Inc. and in respect of the merger of TD Waterhouse with Ameritrade.
- CanWest in respect of the restructurings of its print and broadcasting operations.
- NOVA Corporation in respect of its acquisition by IPIC.
- RBC in respect of its acquisition of Phillips, Hager & North.
- KKR in its acquisition of Masonite International Corporation.
- CanWest in its acquisition with Goldman Sachs of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc.