Eric Chadwick serves as CFO and also heads up the firm’s litigation department. His practice, which has included representation of clients in varied aspects of intellectual property litigation throughout the U.S., focuses primarily on patent infringement litigation. Eric works with his clients to achieve goal-oriented litigation results. He has taken more than a half-dozen cases to verdict, in matters involving technologies ranging from satellite technology to life-saving medical devices. Eric is also involved in the firm’s post-issuance proceedings practice.
Before joining Patterson Thuente in 1997, Eric served as a law clerk to the Honorable Peder B. Hong in the First Judicial District for the state of Minnesota. He also worked as an associate in the trial department of a large, international firm based in Minneapolis, concentrating solely on complex, multi-party litigation.
- Represented manufacturer of high-speed data storage testing solutions against multiple infringers – cases settled with seven-figure payment, redesigns of infringing products and no licenses
- Represented defibrillator manufacturer against competitor and secured $23 million verdict for breach of patent cross-license
- Represented consumer-products defendant against a charge of infringement – case settled on favorable terms for the defendant
- Represented home health care facility owner against a competitor and former employee for theft of trade secrets – case settled favorably with a lump-sum payment
- Represented nationally recognized laboratory and inventor against former business partner for theft of trade secrets/confidential information – jury verdict of $1.3 million