Eoin is a Partner in William Fry’s Insurance Department. He joined the Firm in 1995. His practice involves a combination of insurance and reinsurance work, both on the non-life and life side, together with a general corporate and financial services client base.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Allied World, AXA, Markel (Alterra) and SCOR on various Court sanctioned mergers and amalgamations of Irish insurance and reinsurance activities.
- (Re)insurance M&A and related transactions by entities including Berkshire Hathaway, Enstar, SCOR, Wipro Group and Guggenheim Partners.
- AXA as sponsor of Calypso Capital in its European windstorm risk PERILS trigger debt issuance.
- RSA Insurance on its acquisitions of Benchmark Underwriting, Sertus Insurance and Europa Group.
- Fidelity Worldwide Investment (FIL) and Santander Insurance on the authorisation of their Irish insurance companies.
Eoin is a member of the Insurance Institute of Ireland; the British Insurance Law Association; and the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association. Recent speaking involvements include the Institute of Directors, Chartered Accountants Ireland and the commercial and business law courses at the Law Society of Ireland. In addition to his legal qualifications he holds an MBS (Financial Services) and affiliations to the Society of Actuaries in Ireland.