Edward Salanga is the Phoenix office chair of the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group, and a co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate and Construction Litigation Subgroup. Ed’s real estate and construction practice involves representing owners, lenders and contractors in property and construction-related disputes, including construction contract negotiations, contract performance and payment disputes, construction defect claims, title insurance disputes and mechanics lien, stop notice and bonding issues. He also represents manufacturers of consumer water treatment products, plumbing components, heavy earth moving equipment and industrial materials and supplies in product liability, warranty and construction disputes. As part of his commercial litigation and direct sales practice, Ed represents businesses in a variety of disputes in both federal and state courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as arbitration and mediation.
Ed’s experience includes:
- Representing one of the nation’s largest public power utilities in a breach of warranty dispute involving power plant equipment.
- Representing a manufacturer of plumbing component parts in multi-district class action residential construction defect and product liability litigation.
- Representing a major residential property developer in disputes against a civil engineering firm, a water company and homeowners’ associations arising out of various large-scale residential developments in both Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona.
- Representing one of the largest contractors in the nation in various construction and contracting-related matters in Arizona, including a multi-million dollar dispute brought by a school district over a wastewater treatment plant that resulted in a dismissal of all claims.
- Serving as Arizona litigation counsel for the world’s leading manufacturer of heavy construction equipment, including second chairing a breach of warranty trial in Maricopa County Superior Court that resulted in a defense verdict and a full award of attorneys' fees.
- Representing lenders in connection with multi-million dollar deficiency and lender liability claims arising from construction projects around the Valley.
- Serving as primary outside counsel in the western region for a national environmental, geotechnical, and civil engineering firm.
- Representing electrical, grading and painting contractors in construction disputes and contract negotiations.
- Representing a national owner and manager of senior living communities in construction defect and insurance coverage-related disputes.
- Representing developers in construction defect litigation relating to luxury condominiums and condominium conversion projects in Phoenix.
- Representing an international insurance broker in various proceedings arising out of a multi-million dollar casino parking garage construction project collapse.
- Representing a homebuilder in two construction defect trials that resulted in defense verdicts.
- Defending the owner of FCC-issued licenses for broadcast spectrum in a multi-million dollar broker commission dispute that resulted in a dismissal of the broker's claims after a one-week arbitration.
- Representing a prominent Tucson resort in an Arizona Antitrust lawsuit that resulted in summary judgment in our client's favor at the trial court, which was affirmed by the Arizona Court of Appeals.
- Counseling companies on arbitration and mediation dispute resolution procedures including class action waivers.
- Representing direct sales companies in claims against distributors including TRO and preliminary injunction proceedings to prevent distributor raiding, breach of contract claims, and trade secrets claims.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2000
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2000