Doug is Chair of the Corporate Practice Group consisting of approximately 130 lawyers in our offices in Canada and New York practising in a number of different disciplines including Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Finance. He advises public and private companies on M&A, financing and corporate/governance matters. His M&A experience includes public take-over bids, share and asset acquisitions and divestitures, privatizations and corporate restructurings. His financing experience includes domestic and cross-border public and private offerings of equity and debt, initial public offerings and other securities offerings and monetizations. These transactions have involved the financial services, telecommunications, real estate, mining, technology, pharmaceutical, newspaper and media sectors. Doug has lectured on securities law, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters at universities and private conferences. Doug is a former member of the Securities Advisory Committee to the Ontario Securities Commission.
- Bank of Montreal in connection with its acquisition of F&C Asset Management plc.
- RBC Capital Markets, Barclays Capital Canada, GMP Securities and a syndicate of Underwriters in connection with the U.S. $3 billion offering of common shares by Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Dundee Realty Corporation in connection with the spin-off of DREAM Unlimited Corp. by Dundee Corporation by means of a plan of arrangement.
- Dundee Industrial REIT in connection with its take-over bid for all of the shares of C2C Industrial Properties Inc. and subsequent going private amalgamation of DIR Industrial Properties Inc. and C2C Industrial Properties Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with its acquisition of the Canadian automobile finance and deposit business of Ally Financial Inc.
- Dundee Industrial REIT in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of industrial properties and initial public offering.
- Gazit America Inc. in connection with its privatization by Gazit-Globe Ltd. and sale of properties to First Capital Realty Inc.
- Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its acquisition of Whiterock Real Estate Investment Trust
- Dundee International Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its acquisition of an approximately $1 billion portfolio of real estate assets in Germany and $447.5 million initial public offering in Canada.
- Bank of Montreal in connection with its acquisition of Marshall & Ilsley Corporation.
- Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its acquisition of Realex Properties Corp.