Don Schott has substantial jury trial experience in securities cases, business fraud, commercial disputes and health care related litigation. He represents clients in trial and appellate proceedings in state and federal courts in Wisconsin and other jurisdictions, including:
- Obtaining an order of judicial dissolution of a limited liability company on behalf of a 25 percent owner on the grounds that he was being defrauded by the majority owner.
- Defending a major pharmaceutical company against claims of fraudulent pricing.
- Representing shareholder being “squeezed out” of a closely held business.
- Defending several corporate officers and directors in a civil action alleging insider trading and other securities fraud.
- Representing a securities brokerage firm in connection with investigations by state regulatory agencies and the NASD.
- Defending of a large dairy cooperative in a class action lawsuit alleging consumer fraud.
- Defending a corporate parent and officers accused of misrepresentation and fraud by creditors of subsidiary corporation.
- Assisting large electric utility in obtaining and defending environmental permits needed for construction and operation of a new power plant.