Don Martin handles complex commercial litigation, including professional liability, banking, real estate and securities litigation and administrative hearings. He is the former national chair of the Quarles & Brady Litigation Group (2001-2006) and is the national chair of Quarles & Brady’s Lender Liability Task Force. Mr. Martin has recently:
- Served as lead trial counsel in a Big Four accounting firm’s defense of a $400 million audit malpractice case in Arizona, and as co-lead counsel in the same firm's defense of three other related lawsuits, including a 13,000 member securities class action seeking more than $600 million in damages. A successful global settlement of all claims against the firm and its partners.
- Successfully defended a Big Four firm as a potential defendant in a large securities class action, where we were able to settle the putative claims against the firm for nuisance value, without the firm ever being named as a defendant in the lawsuit.
- Defended the retired Caribbean partner of another Big Four firm against multimillion dollar claims of civil racketeering, conversion and breaches of fiduciary duty. The matter was settled without any admission of liability and any payment by our client.
- Successfully defended the winning bidder for the largest government contract ever awarded by the State of Arizona, a $93 million contract to test the emissions of millions of automobiles over a seven year period.
- Successfully defended a major national law firm against claims of legal malpractice in its handling of a multijurisdiction construction case.