Dominic focuses on franchise and distribution, privacy law, product marketing law and trade practice law. He provides practical and business-friendly advice to clients engaged in distribution and franchising matters. Clients include domestic franchisor start-ups working to establish a new franchise system to large, multi-national franchisors with thousands of franchisees. Dominic regularly prepares franchise agreements, master franchisee agreements, area developer agreements, provincial and national disclosure documents. Dominic also assists clients with establishing and managing distribution systems, including drafting distribution agreements and product supply agreements. Additionally, Dominic provides advice to clients on all aspects of managing relationships with franchisees and distributors. Dominic also advises on franchising issues arising in the context of acquisition of everything from single unit franchises to entire franchise systems. Dominic also supports clients in respect of various trade practice matters, including consumer protection and marketing matters.
- Assisted a large retail franchisor conduct simultaneous share-purchase buybacks of all of its Ontario franchisees.
- Prepared a Quebec area developer agreement and Quebec unit franchise agreement for a retail food services franchise.
- Drafted a franchise agreement and Ontario disclosure document for a start-up Canadian health-care franchisor.
- Prepared a national disclosure document for a US-based temporary staffing franchisor.
- Prepared forms of consumer credit agreements for a Canadian consumer-goods financing program.
- Prepared and negotiated agreements for the nation-wide purchase, installation and service of cash dispensing machines.
- Consolidated a client’s provincial and voluntary disclosure documents into single, uniform Canadian disclosure document.
- Prepared a franchise agreement and provided related advice for US-based franchisor’s expansion into Quebec.