David leads the firm's Corporate Group in Sydney. He is an experienced and well regarded legal adviser to listed public companies, private equity funds, large and medium sized private companies, and other business entities. David works extensively with the CEOs, CFOs, Executive Directors, and other executives of his clients who value his commitment to, and focus on, maximising the commercial outcomes they seek.
David's expertise includes takeovers, private equity transactions, capital raisings, advising on divestments, mergers by way of schemes of arrangement and other joint venture arrangements, and a broad range of one-off commercial transactions. David is also an experienced and skilled negotiator, and is recognised for his innovative and results-oriented approach.
David is ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific 2015, where he is warmly praised by clients for his combination of legal and commercial acumen, highlighting his "ability to focus on critical issues" and his "sensible approach."
David is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a member of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission’s Corporate Finance Liaison Committee.
- The Ingham Group – Acted on the sale of the iconic Ingham Group to US based private equity firm TPG Capital.
- Vocus Group – Acted on their fully underwritten placement of approximately 11.9 million new fully paid ordinary VOC shares to raise a minimum of A$48.7m of additional capital.
- DealsDirect Group - Acted on their backdoor listing which commenced trading under the ASX ticker "MNZ". As part of the listing, the company raised A$6 million by way of issue of new shares under a Prospectus.
- McPherson's Limited – Acted on the acquisition of the iconic skincare brand Dr LeWinn's and beauty treatment brand Revitanail.
- CK Life Sciences Int’l. – Acted on the acquisition of Cheetham Salt Limited in Australia for a consideration of A$150 million, approximately HK$1.2 billion.
- CK Life Sciences Int’l. – Advising a member of the Cheung Kong Group in Hong Kong, in relation to the privatisation of the Challenger Wine Trust, by way of a trust Scheme of Arrangement.
- CK Life Sciences Int’l. – Advising a member of the Cheung Kong Group in Hong Kong, on a Scheme of Arrangement for the acquisition of Australian pharmaceutical manufacturer Lipa Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Vocus Group – Acted on their float by way of a reverse takeover/backdoor listing, involving a pre-float capital reduction, de-registration of the float vehicle as a pool development fund, establishment of a comprehensive employee share and option plan, and an initial public offering of shares.
- Investec Private Equity – Acted on the divestment of a major shipping corporation, the Perkins Shipping Group, to Toll Holdings (a major transport and logistics operator), by Investec Private Equity, the Perkins family and senior management.
- CVC Private Equity and Pro-Pac Packaging Limited – Advised on the acquisition of the Bev Cap group, advising on the takeover provisions of the Corporations Act, institutional capital raising and company share purchase plan.
- Staging Connections Limited – Acted for this publicly listed international event and exhibition services company, on a renounceable rights issue to raise funds for future acquisitions and growth opportunities.
- ASX listed company – Advised in relation to the acquisition of a significant local and offshore group of companies supplying homewares, cosmetics, and a range of other products to major retailers in Australia, from local and offshore private equity funds.
- Syndicate of venture capital companies – Acted on a backdoor listing and associated debt and equity raisings of a significant security systems provider to the Department of Defence and other Commonwealth and state government departments.
- Syndicate of venture capital companies – Advised in relation to the sale of their interests in a group of biotechnology start-ups to a leading ASX listed bio-technology company.
- National clothing chain – Acted on the partial sale of equity interests by shareholders to a private equity fund and the structuring and drafting of the shareholders’ agreement, put and call options and related exit documents to apply following the partial divestment.