David L. Nagler is a partner in Skadden’s New York office. His real estate practice emphasizes financings, acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, recapitalizations, workouts and development projects.
Mr. Nagler advises owners, developers, real estate funds, investors, REITS and lenders. His practice encompasses both counseling traditional real estate clients and representing clients in a wide range of real estate-related businesses.
Since 2012, Mr. Nagler’s significant transactions include representing:
- Silverstein Properties in all aspects of the development and construction financing for the new $930 million Four Seasons New York hotel and private residences at 30 Park Place; the $310 million financing and single-asset securitization of 120 Broadway; and the $470 million credit-supported financing of the Silver Towers residential development;
- SL Green in the $900 million financing and single-asset securitization of 1515 Broadway;
- Chartwell Retirement Residences in the $290 million sale of its Bristal seniors housing portfolio in New York;
- MSD Capital in the joint venture recapitalization and $225 million financing of the Four Seasons Hualalai resort;
- Deutsche Bank AG in connection with the $1.73 billion sale of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas hotel and casino;
- Normandy Real Estate Partners in connection with the joint venture recapitalization and financing of a $145 million office portfolio; and
- Sentinel Data Centers in the net lease and $88 million financing of a data center for a financial services company.
Significant representations in prior years include:
- Silverstein Properties in the joint venture and financing for the $1 billion acquisition of 1177 Avenue of the Americas; in all aspects of the development, joint venture and financing for the new $360 million Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort; and in the $200 million financing of the River Place I residential development;
- Normandy Real Estate Partners in connection with the joint venture acquisition, financing and subsequent disposition of 1370 Avenue of the Americas;
- Normandy Real Estate Partners in connection with the acquisition, financing and subsequent recapitalization of a portfolio of properties acquired in connection with the Glenborough REIT going-private transaction;
- Chartwell Retirement Residences in over $1.2 billion of acquisitions and financings of senior housing properties;
- Sentinel Data Centers in the disposition to Digital Realty Trust of a $375 million portfolio of data centers and a private equity joint venture;
- MSD Capital in the $425 million financing of the Four Seasons Maui resort and the $122 million financing of the Fairmont Miramar resort;
- Dune Real Estate Partners in the recapitalization of the Trump Waikiki resort;
- Hotel Carlyle Management Corporation in the sale of the Hotel Carlyle;
- Campus Living Villages in the $200 million acquisition and financing of the Century student housing portfolio;
- SL Green, as servicer, in connection with the UCC foreclosure sale of the equity in the John Hancock Tower in Boston and 10 Universal City Plaza in Los Angeles;
- Deutsche Bank AG in connection with foreclosing and developing The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas resort;
- Global Signal in its $1.2 billion master lease of a portfolio of 6,000 cellular towers from Sprint and the negotiation of management agreements with Four Seasons; and
- Carnegie Hall Corporation in a variety of real estate and construction-related matters.
Mr. Nagler was selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 in the real estate finance category. He also repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.