David J. Hyman represents physicians, hospitals, clinics and specialty
service providers throughout Oklahoma in contracts, business
organization, professional and facility regulation and licensure,
reimbursement, physician-hospital relations, and fraud and abuse
compliance matters. David is also an arbitrator and mediator for the
American Health Lawyers Association ADR Service.
He is a well-known leader among lawyers who serve the healthcare
industry, having served as the Chair of the Oklahoma Bar Association
Healthcare Law Section, and as a Vice-Chair of the American Health
Lawyers Association Physician Practice Group. David has been a member of
the adjunct faculty of the University of Tulsa College of Law, teaching
healthcare finance and organization law. David is a contributor to the
American Health Lawyers Association’s publication Representing
Physicians Handbook published in 2006, 2009 and 2013, authoring chapters
on physician employment agreements, practice organization entities and
- Represented a physician practice group in a federal fraud/abuse and
privacy compliance audit and in developing a related compliance plan.
- Advised a physician certification board regarding state regulation matters.
- Represented a long-term care facility in Medicare reimbursement and patient care disputes.
- Represented a tax-exempt hospital in a sale to a for-profit hospital,
including assistance with acquisition of fairness opinion, due diligence
and all other matters attendant to the sale.
- Provided advice to providers on regulatory and reimbursement matters
arising under Medicare and Medicaid, including anti-kickback, Stark Law
and private inurement compliance.
- Representation for physicians in practice recruitment negotiations, peer
review/medical staff disputes, challenges to post-employment
restrictions, challenges to regulatory actions and Medicare
- Guidance to physician practice groups on merger transaction, hospital co-management arrangements and group dissolutions.
- Representation in proceedings of the Departments of Health, State
Medicaid agency, the Attorney General's and Inspector General's offices,
and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Preparation of medical staff bylaws, policies and related documents
- Design and implement corporate, HIPAA, Medicare reimbursement and other compliance programs
- Served as hearing officer for hospital in peer review/medical staff
disputes and as arbitrators in numerous other healthcare industry