David’s practice specialises in corporate finance with particular emphasis on public company takeovers, IPOs and other forms of equity fundraisings, and advising on corporate governance compliance. David has also advised several clients on the raising of debt on capital markets, including, Ardagh Packaging, Smurfit Kappa and Trinity Biotech. He advises both Irish and international clients including Aergo Capital, Ardagh Packaging, Forest Laboratories, Glanbia Ingredients, King Digital Entertainment, Mincon Group, Smurfit Kappa Group and Trinity Biotech.
Significant transactions include advising:
- King Digital Entertainment on its takeover by Activision Blizzard for US$5.9 billion.
- The Department of Finance on the capital restructuring of Allied Irish Banks.
- Mincon Group on its admission to AIM and its related equity fundraising of €50 million.
- Trinity Biotech on its issue of US$115 million of Exchangeable Senior Notes due 2045.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings on its €70 million investment in a convertible bond instrument issued by FBD Insurance plc (a subsidiary of FBD Holdings plc).
- Forest Laboratories on its US$28 billion merger with Actavis plc
- King Digital Entertainment on its US$7.1 billion listing on NYSE.
- Glanbia Co-Op on the March 2013 spin-out of 7% of Glanbia plc (value €172m) to its members and a spin-out in August 2015 of a further 3.4% (value €170m).
- Glanbia Co-Op on the formation of Glanbia Ingredients Ireland Limited (a dairy processing joint venture with Glanbia plc) and the related placing of 6% of Glanbia plc.
- Smurfit Kappa Group on several issues of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes.
- Ardagh Packaging on several issues of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes.