David Keating focuses his practice on matters involving technology and data. David is one of the co-leaders of the Privacy & Data Security Practice at Alston & Bird. He has advised clients on privacy and security issues arising along the entire data lifecycle for more than 15 years. He assists clients with compliance strategies, policy development and implementation, data monetization and data use analyses, new product development, privacy and security issues in transactions, and privacy enforcement matters. Particular areas of focus include emerging technologies, Big Data, European Union data protection and children’s privacy.
David’s technology practice is focused on high technology companies and strategic technology and outsourcing initiatives at public and private corporations across industries. His technology experience includes strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives, including information technology and business process outsourcing transactions; mergers and acquisitions; and complex software, cloud computing, systems integration and other technology transactions.
David’s practice has been listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers Global and The Best Lawyers in America.
- Privacy counsel to leading global brands in connection with the design and deployment of emerging technologies.
- Advise leading global brands on cross-border data transfer frameworks.
- Serve as coordinating privacy counsel for clients in multinational technology initiatives.
- Privacy counsel to a leading mobile device manufacturer in a landmark alliance with the world’s largest software company and a leading mobile operating system developer.
- Counsel to a Fortune 50 corporation in a multivendor, offshore application development and maintenance outsourcing transaction.
- Counsel to Fortune 20 health services provider in a strategic alliance with an emerging health IT vendor.
- Counsel to a leading Internet travel services provider in multiple IT outsourcing transactions in India, the People’s Republic of China and Eastern Europe.
- Counsel to a Fortune 50 corporation in a global human resources outsourcing initiative.
- Counsel to a leading health information technology provider in a series of health IT transactions and initiatives.
- Counsel to a Fortune 20 health care services company in an application development and maintenance outsourcing transaction in India.