David’s practice includes all areas of property, infrastructure, and contract law. He has significant experience in the negotiation and documentation of property acquisitions and disposals, and associated due diligence processes.
David has significant experience acting for property developers, purchasers, vendors, government agencies, financiers, leading corporates, landlords, and tenants with respect to development projects, sales and purchases, leasing, building contracts, land divisions, and community titles.
David is valued for the quality of his advice which is focused on the achievement of outcomes to meet transaction critical deadlines.
David holds an economics degree and has lectured with the Australian Securities Institute on various legal matters affecting property investment analysis.
Vendors/Purchasers – Advising on the sale and purchase of:
- landmark office/retail buildings
- 'off the plan' residential apartments
- agricultural holdings such as vineyards
- iconic industrial and sporting/recreational sites for redevelopment
Major bank – Advising on the catalogue auction sale and leaseback of numerous branches, and advising the bank on leases and licences of branches and ATMs in South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
National fast food operator – Advising in relation to the development of retail sites in South Australia.
Contractors and Developers – Providing 'front end' construction advice to contractors and subcontractors, and advising developers (including wind farm developers) on all aspects of development projects.
State Government agencies – Advising on:
- the potential sale by tender, expressions of interest, registrations of interest and invitation for private treaty offers of broadacre land for residential development;
- arrangements in relation to shared infrastructure (ASR wetlands, stormwater and roads) to be designed and constructed for the benefit of multiple developers of broadacre land; and
- the preparation of documentation for affordable housing projects.