Daryl represents plaintiffs and defendants in trials, appeals, mediation and arbitration. As a trial lawyer, Daryl has successfully obtained favorable judgments for his clients through jury verdicts and bench trials. As a counselor, Daryl has been instrumental in assisting clients in resolving their disputes through mediation-formal and informal. Daryl practices complex commercial, business litigation with an emphasis in real estate matters, including construction and also employment litigation. He is particularly accomplished in disputes related to real estate and claims against title insurance companies and their insureds. Through a wide variety of representations of clients, Daryl has gained substantial experience in cases involving multiple parties, contracts, fraud, business torts, DTPA, UCC, trade secrets, employer/employee contracts (including non-competes), sexual harassment and other discrimination claims, landlord/tenant, and lien filings, contractors and subcontractors rights and eminent domain / condemnation. Daryl's appellate practice includes a case he argued before the Texas Supreme Court which the Texas Lawyer ranked as one of the top 50 cases that had a significant impact on Texas law.
Daryl serves on the Governing Board of Directors of Lexwork Americas, a strategic alliance of over twenty mid-sized law firms throughout the United States, Canada, and Central and South America. Lexwork Americas is affiliated with Lexwork International, with law firms in over 36 countries worldwide.
- Won verdict on behalf of Stewart Title Company against claims of negligent misrepresentation, conversion and fraud related to closing escrow function in disbursing sales proceeds.
- Obtained verdict on behalf of mid-size construction company related to claims of concrete slab failure.
- Obtained and collected a $500,000.00 judgment for an Assistant Principal who filed a lawsuit alleging a whistleblower claim, sexual harassment and retaliation claims under State and Federal laws against the largest public school district in the State of Texas.
- Successfully prosecuted arbitration proceeding on behalf of mid-size oil & gas equipment manufacturer against one of the world's largest oil & gas equipment and service companies.
- Obtained from Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in Dallas, Texas, reversal of cross-motions for summary judgment which was rendered to trial court with only issue remaining being award of attorney's fees. Issues related to interpretation of UCC provisions relative to right to payment of "proceeds" on insurance policy after collateral was destroyed by fire.
- Successfully defended a DTPA and bad-faith claim against a title insurance company which involved complex real property issues and resulted in the successful severance of the real property claim brought by Barbara Piotrowski Minns in her lawsuit against the infamous Richard "Dick" Minns in which a $60 million judgment was entered in favor of Ms. Minns.
- Successfully obtained affirmation by U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, of a summary judgment rendered by the trial court in favor of defendant real estate partnership.
- The successful appellate defense of dissolving a temporary injunction which had prohibited a former employee from working for a competitor.
- Obtained favorable results through writing briefs and orally arguing before the Texas Supreme Court and courts of appeals at the state and federal level as reflected below in the reported cases.