Darryl Pankratz is a co-chair of Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP's Aviation Practice and contributor to its Aviation Law Blog. He is also a member of our Insurance Law Practice Group. His practice is primarily litigation-based with a core emphasis on issues relating to the aviation industry.
He provides counsel to regional, national and international airlines as well as their insurers. On their behalf, Mr. Pankratz has handled aircraft accidents and incidents involving both passenger and cargo liability claims. He represents and advises numerous airport authorities throughout Canada as well as airport security organizations.
On behalf of aviation underwriters, Mr. Pankratz has successfully pursued and defended numerous complex products liability claims against aircraft and component manufacturers and overhaulers. He also provides counsel to fixed and rotary wing operators, maintenance facilities, flight schools and pilots in a variety of aviation related matters, including administrative issues with Transport Canada.
Mr. Pankratz has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia. He also conducts litigation in Ontario, Alberta and the Yukon and Northwest Territories.
- Acting as counsel in aircraft hull, passenger and cargo liability claims;
- Acting as counsel in product liability claims on behalf of operators, aircraft maintenance organizations and manufacturers;
- Acting as counsel in matters regarding airport liability claims;
- Providing counsel and advice to pilots and operators on regulatory and licencing issues involving Transport Canada;
- Providing counsel and advice to insurers on coverage issues;
- Has extensive experience handling claims involving personal injury, professional negligence and fire loss; and
- Has significant experience assisting employers and workers with claims involving the Workers’ Compensation Board of British Columbia (“Worksafe BC”).