Darrell Podowski is a partner in the firm’s Mining Group. He advises mining and other resource companies on their operations, mergers, acquisitions and securities and corporate finance law requirements in Canada and internationally, where his practice has a focus on Latin America.
Darrell’s experience includes negotiating international earn-in and farm out transactions, property option agreements, royalty agreements, asset purchase and sale transactions, strategic alliances, off-take and concentrate sale agreements, joint venture transactions and joint operating agreements; in addition, he is well-versed in National Instrument 43-101 issues. Darrell also provides advice on initial public offerings, private placements, public equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, stock exchange listings and governance matters.
Darrell’s recent transactions include:
- Acting for Antofagasta Minerals S.A. of Santiago, Chile on numerous option and joint venture earn-ins and strategic alliances for copper projects worldwide and in the US$227 million joint venture transaction with Duluth Metals Limited in connection with a copper-nickel PGM project in Minnesota, USA
- Acting for Delta Gold Corporation in the acquisition of the Imperial Gold Project in California, USA and its subsequent listing on the TSX Venture Exchange
- Acting for Batero Gold Corp. in its qualifying transaction and TSX Venture Exchange listing and subsequent strategic financing
- Acting for Orsa Ventures Corp is its sale to Alamos Gold Inc. pursuant to a Plan of Arrangement
- Acting jointly for Teck Resources Limited and Fronteer Development Group Inc. in the completion of the sale of 100% of the jointly held Agi Dagi and Kirazli gold projects located in Turkey to Alamos Gold Inc. for US$90 million
- Acting for Teck Cominco Limited in the US$110 million sale to Kinross Gold Corporation of its 60% interest in the Lobo Marte copper/gold project in Chile
Darrell was previously Corporate Counsel with Teck Resources Limited. Prior to that, he was an oil and gas exploration geophysicist with Dome Petroleum Limited and Amoco Canada Petroleum Corporation.
To view Darrell's complete profile, please click here.