Daniel Muchow practices in the area of business and general corporate matters and in the area of environmental and natural resources. His experience includes:
- Representing airline jet fuel consortiums at various major airports in the United States.
- Negotiate and document lease agreements, easements and other documentation to provide use rights for fuel tank farms, hydrant systems and related facilities, both at on- and off-airport locations.
- Represent fuel hedging organization in connection with fuel hedging consortium consisting of group of international air carriers.
- Airline representation in connection with negotiations with domestic airport authorities for the construction of fuel delivery and storage facilities.
- Negotiate and document water rights acquisitions, sales and leases.
- Advice on assured water supply issues, project and golf course water acquisition and usage and water use and acquisition for real estate development projects.
- Counsel and advice on water injection and reuse projects, including permitting.
- Comments on proposed water regulations and policies, including conservation requirements and groundwater management plans.
- Advise clients on effluent use and reuse issues; negotiated major effluent storage and reuse consent decree with state environmental agency.
- Environmental due diligence issues in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures involving industrial and commercial facilities.
- Counsel business and industrial clients on solid waste, hazardous waste, air and water quality, emergency planning and other environmental compliance issues.
- Environmental assessments and environmental impact statements for industrial and commercial entities.
- Obtained first major industrial groundwater quality protection permit after enactment of the Arizona Environmental Quality Act of 1986.
- Environmental compliance and assessment work on Superfund and groundwater quality issues.
- Defense of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency compliance requests and notices of violations under the Federal Clean Water Act and Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act.
- Representation in connection with asbestos abatement projects, underground storage tank removals and remediation projects, and removal and transportation of PCB equipment.
- State and Federal environmental permitting, including NPDES permits, air quality installation permits and groundwater quality and aquifer protection permits.
- Real property environmental assessments.
- Environmental and safety issues associated with the siting of new industrial facilities.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1981