Dan practises in corporate and commercial, intellectual property, information technology, contract, and trade practices law. In this capacity Dan acts on behalf of many participants in the media, entertainment, technology and communications industries, advising on a wide range of issues including:
- acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses, corporate structuring and joint ventures;
- the development, financing, production and distribution of film and television projects, new media and on line products;
- brand development and protection, including copyright, trade marks, domain names and trade practices issues;
- the protection and exploitation of computer software and hardware and the provision of information technology services (including government contracts and outsourcing);
- the management of human resources, including service agreements and independent contractor arrangements; and
- regulatory compliance, including corporations law, copyright, privacy and trade practices.