Damian represents management in the areas of labour arbitration, labour relations board matters, occupational health and safety, employment standards, wrongful dismissal, human rights, health care and executive compensation. Damian also advises clients in the employment and labour aspects of business transactions and acquisitions.
- Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries in their agreement to sell producing oil and gas assets in the Deep Basin area of western Alberta and British Columbia for US$374 million.
- Canadian counsel to JPMorgan Chase & Co. in the sale of its physical commodities business to Mercuria Energy Group Limited, a global energy and commodities trading company, for $3.5 billion.
- Devon Energy Canada in the disposition of some of its Canadian conventional assets to Canadian Natural Resources Limited for $3.125 billion.
- Eastern Petroleum Limited (a privately-held company controlled by Pakistani-based JS Group) and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Spud Energy Pty. Limited, in the reverse take-over of Jura Energy Corporation.
- Apache’s acquisition of BP assets.
- A private equity firm in the acquisition by arrangement of an intellectual property company.
- A Scandinavian company in its purchase of a Canadian baby stroller company.
- A computer company in its share purchase of a software company.
- Chinese companies in their acquisition of oil and gas companies.
- Walter Energy’s purchase of Western Coal.
- A major oil and gas investment company in its sale.
- A major chemical company in its sale.
- A major movie company in an occupational health and safety matter.
- A major automobile company in the sale of one of its divisions.
- A major computer company in the acquisition of other technology companies.
- Oil and gas companies in a variety of transactions.
- A mining company in a human rights proceeding.
- A major computer company in wrongful dismissal and human rights matters.