Ross Hamilton, a director and president of the firm, counsels and defends employers on a wide variety of employment law issues. Ross focuses on assisting employers to proactively manage their human resources risks and maintain compliance with the myriad of employment related statutes, regulations and rules which federal and state governments impose. When litigation does arise, Ross has defended employers before federal and state courts as well as administrative agencies in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington.
Ross’ regular areas of practice for employers include:
- Representation on claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination;
- Compliance and representation on wage and hour claims, including state wage payment rules, overtime obligations and exemptions;
- Compliance and representation on disability accommodation requirements and leave obligations;
- Federal contractor compliance with Executive Order 11246 and regulations governing Affirmative Action Programs;
- Advice for workplace investigations and terminations, workforce restructuring decisions and plant closure regulations;
- Arbitration of grievances under collective bargaining agreements; and
- Preparation of personnel policies and employee handbooks, employment agreements and restrictive covenants.
Before joining Tuggle Duggins in December, 2005, Ross practiced for more than eleven years with Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice and Haynsworth, Baldwin, Johnson & Greaves.
- Goodwill Industries of Central North Carolina, Inc. - Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Triad Youth Lacrosse - Association President
- Greensboro Sports Council
Other Court Admissions
- US District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Supreme Court