Bob is a qualified and experienced professional engineer whose practice concentrates in construction law and infrastructure, procurement and engineering matters, particularly project structuring, risk identification and allocation, contract negotiation and documentation, financing and claims advice. He has broad experience in a wide range of major projects and has acted for all of the various project participants, including owners, developers, contractors, lenders, subcontractors, construction managers, architects and engineers.
Bob’s project experience, both nationally and internationally, includes power generation, major building and civil works construction and equipment procurement, industrial facilities including very extensive involvement in infrastructure, public-private partnerships, alternative financing and procurements, health facilities and manufacturing facilities. He also advises on claims and acts with respect to dispute resolution. Bob is Chair of Osler’s Commercial Group.
- City of Toronto, providing ongoing procurement, construction and design contract negotiation advice for the revitalization of Union Station.
- Brookfield Properties, providing ongoing construction and design contract negotiation advice for the development of the Bay-Adelaide Centre, high-rise office towers in Toronto, Ontario and Brookfield Place, a high-rise office tower in Calgary, Alberta
- Graywood Development, providing ongoing procurement, construction and design advice for the development of the 5 St. Joseph Residences, the Ocean Club Residences and the Mercer Condominiums.
- Maple Leaf Foods, providing ongoing procurement, construction and equipment supply advice with respect to many different expansion projects throughout Canada.
- Northland Power, providing ongoing construction and equipment procurement advice for thermal, wind, solar and run of the river power projects in The Netherlands, Germany, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Quebec.