Cromwell Montgomery is a partner in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher’s Century City office. He practices in the firm’s Corporate Department and is a member its Global Finance and Corporate Finance Practice Groups. He is a finance transactions lawyer and has been named since 2008 byChambers USA as a Leading Lawyer in California for Banking and Finance. Mr. Montgomery’s practice includes secured and unsecured credit transactions, debt capital markets offerings, pre-bankruptcy workouts, debtor-in-possession facilities and other debt financing transactions. Representative recent transactions include:
- A financial institution in various term loan and revolving credit (including asset based lending) facilities.
- A financial institution and miscellaneous studios and other lenders in senior, second lien and subordinated film financing matters.
- A corporate client in various senior and subordinated credit facilities in support of its venture investments.
- A gaming company in its various credit facilities.
- A homebuilder in its various bond issuances, credit facilities and mortgage repurchase facilities.
- A building supply and services company in its various bond issuances and credit facilities.
- Miscellaneous leveraged finance transactions for a variety of private equity clients.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Montgomery was an associate with Brobeck Phleger & Harrison, and a judicial law clerk for Judge Samuel L. Bufford in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Los Angeles. He received his law degree from the Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California, Berkeley. Mr. Montgomery graduated, cum laude, from the University of California Berkeley with an A.B. in Classics. He is admitted to practice in the State of California.