Colin represents clients in corporate and securities litigation, energy industry disputes, franchise litigation, and constitutional matters. He has represented clients before all levels of courts in Alberta and Saskatchewan, the Federal Court of Canada, and before the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also represented clients in arbitrations in the United States, Ontario, Nova Scotia, and Alberta and is regularly in trial or arbitration hearings. Prior to joining Osler, Colin clerked for the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and Alberta Court of Appeal.
- Shawcor Ltd. in defence of a claim involving the failure of a bitumen pipeline.
- A subsidiary of Agrium Inc. in relation to a claim involving the trading of carbon credits.
- Nova Chemicals in defending and counterclaiming in an approx. $1 billion dispute with Dow Chemical concerning the operation of a large petrochemical facility in Alberta.
- Shell Canada Limited in defence of a claim involving a CAPL agreement area of mutual interest clause and in relation to an appeal of ERCB proceedings concerning greenhouse gas commitments.
- Value Creation Inc. in relation to a dissent and valuation proceeding commenced by institutional shareholders pursuant to the Alberta Business Corporations Act.
- Culligan Canada in litigation in Saskatchewan concerning allegations of breaches of fiduciary obligations by a competitor and former employees.
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association in intervening in several Charter of Rightscases.