A partner in the Litigation Department, Claudia Hammerman has extensive experience in handling a broad range of litigation and regulatory matters with particular emphasis defending financial institutions and corporations in complex securities and commercial matters as well as representing financial institutions and other clients before the SEC, the Department of Justice and federal and state regulatory authorities.
Claudia has served as litigation counsel on significant securities and commercial disputes for Citigroup, JPMorgan, Wachovia, Bank of New York Mellon and Bank of America. Among her recent significant matters, Claudia:
- Currently is representing Citigroup in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceedings.
- Currently is representing Citigroup in connection with CDO and other subprime-related matters.
- Currently is representing Bank of America in connection with certain regulatory investigations.
- Currently is representing Bank of New York Mellon in connection with litigation relating to its FX standing instruction service for custody clients.
- Represented Citigroup in all Enron-related regulatory proceedings and litigation (including securities class actions, opt-out actions, derivative actions and bankruptcy proceedings).
- Represented JPMorgan in litigations and regulatory matters arising out of its dealings with Delphi Corporation.
- Represented Citigroup in the litigations and regulatory proceedings arising out of its dealings with Dynegy.
- Represented Wachovia in securities class actions and other litigations arising out of auction rate securities.