BRUNO LANNA PEIXOTO
Office: São Paulo
Dir. phone: (55) (11) 3049-5789
Areas of Practice
Antitrust and Competition
• Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais Law School - UFMG (2001);
• Master’s Degree in Economic Law from Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG (2005);
• Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of Chicago (2005). Research paper: “Horizontal Mergers and Tacit Collusion: Debunking One of the Last Refuges of the Structure-Conduct-Performance Antitrust Paradigm”.
Portuguese (native), English (fluent), and Spanish (full-working knowledge).
• Recommended by the GCR 100 – Global Competition Review’s guide to the world’s leading competition law practices.
• Recognized for his outstanding work in Antitrust Law in Best Lawyers Brazil - Third Edition (2012).
• Recommended by the Global Competition Review 2012 Survey of Leading Brazilian Law Firms.
• Recommended by the American Bar Association (ABA) Guide to Foreign Law Firms, Fifth Edition.
• Vice-Chair, International Antitrust Committee, Section of International Law, American Bar Association.
• Former Government Attorney at the Federal Antitrust Department (SDE), Ministry of Justice.
• Member of the Brazilian Institute for the Study of Competition, Consumer and International Trade (IBRAC).Speaking Engagements
• At the Gates of the BRIC Countries: Regulatory Barriers to Private Equity Acquisitions - American Bar Association (ABA) Section of International Law 2013 Spring Meeting, Washington, DC (Co-Chair and Moderator);
• How to Assess and Deal with Potential Antitrust and Anti-Corruption Liability in M&A Transactions, American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law (SIL) Fall Meeting, Miami, USA, 2012 (Co-Chair/Speaker).
• Dynamic and Static Analysis in Brazil’s New Horizontal Merger Guidelines, IBRAC Annual Meeting, Sao Paulo, 2012 (Moderator).
• What’s New in Merger Review and Its Impact on Merger Activity – American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law (SIL), Spring Meeting, Washington, DC, 2011 (Co-Chair/Moderator).
• Antitrust in Latin America: What’s Going On? – ABA SIL Committee Program, 2011 (Speaker).
• Regulation and the Wealth of the Nations: A Debate with University of Chicago Professor Sam Peltzman – Brazilian Law & Economics Association Annual Meeting, 2010 (Chair/Moderator).
• Around the World in 90 Minutes: New Developments in Merger Review – ABA SIL Committee Program, 2010, (Speaker/Coordinator for the Latin American Jurisdictions).
• Antitrust and Competition – International Bar Association (IBA) Annual Conference on Mergers and Acquisitions in Latin America, Bogota, Colombia, 2009 (Co-Chair/Speaker).
• ESSENTIALS OF MERGER REVIEW, American Bar Association (Editor and Co-Author - forthcoming 2013).
• Brazil: Cartels & Leniency, THE ANTITRUST REVIEW OF THE AMERICAS, Global Competition Review, London, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
• Merger Control in Brazil, THE MERGER CONTROL REVIEW, edited by Ilene Gotts, Law & Business Research, London, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
• Brazil, ANTITRUST YEAR-IN-REVIEW, American Bar Association, SIL, Washington, DC, 2011.
• Private Competition Enforcement in Brazil, THE PRIVATE COMPETITION ENFORCEMENT REVIEW, edited by Ilene Gotts, Law & Business Research, London, 2010.
• Brazil, THE HANDBOOK OF TRADE ENFORCEMENT, Global Competition Review, London, 2010.
• Success, Dominance, and the Myopic Insistence on Interoperability: Avoiding the 21st Century Antitrust Paradox, 85 INDIANA LAW JOURNAL 1157 (with Alan Devlin and Michael Jacobs), 2009.
• Reformulating Antitrust Rules to Safeguard Societal Wealth, 13 STANFORD JOURNAL OF LAW, BUSINESS & FINANCE 225 (with Alan Devlin), 2008.
• Horizontal Mergers and Tacit Collusion: Debunking One of the Last Refuges of the Structure-Conduct-Performance Antitrust Paradigm, RESEARCH PAPER, THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAW SCHOOL, 2005.