Bruce R. Millman has more than 35 years of experience counseling private and public sector employers on business and personnel strategies. He works with employers on:
- Labor and employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, sales, reorganizations, and reductions-in-force
- Wage and hour compliance and compensation issues
- Collective bargaining and other union matters
- Disciplinary decisions and wrongful termination
- Employment discrimination issues
- Sexual harassment and other forms of harassment
- Family Leave and disability issues
- Personnel policies, executive employment contracts, and manager/employee training
Bruce has particular experience representing clients regarding matters falling under the following:
- The National Labor Relations Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Title VII and other anti-discrimination/harassment statutes
- The Family and Medical Leave Act and disability discrimination laws
- New York Labor Law, including wage payment laws and the Wage Theft Prevention Act
- The New York Worker Adjustment Retraining Notification Act
- New York unemployment provisions, including independent contractor issues
In addition to counseling, Bruce regularly represents clients at the collective bargaining table, in arbitration, and in administrative agency and court litigation.
Bruce is a frequent lecturer on public and private sector labor and employment law matters for a wide range of professional and legal organizations, which have included the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Practising Law Institute and others.
Bruce serves as the office managing shareholder of Littler Mendelson's New York office. He is a member of Littler’s Publications Review and Associates Committees, the Core Group of the Corporate Compliance practice group, and the subcommittee on Release Issues for the Business Restructuring practice group, as well as the International Labor, Traditional Labor, Healthcare and other practice groups.
Prior to joining Littler, he was the managing partner of a boutique management labor and employment firm and a partner at another firm.