Bruce Rose is the co-leader of the firm’s national Intellectual Property Litigation Group. He concentrates his practice on prosecuting and defending complex patent, trade secret, trademark and copyright infringement litigation. Mr. Rose counsels clients regarding obtaining, protecting, licensing and enforcing intellectual property. He has significant experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the chemical and chemical engineering fields.
Mr. Rose has litigated a wide variety of intellectual property cases through discovery, trial and appeal in numerous courts throughout the U.S. He has litigated infringement cases in multiple U.S. district courts. His patent cases have covered complex subject matter, such as pharmaceutical compositions, barcode scanners having electronic global shutter, electronic retail security systems, cell preservative solutions used for cancer screening, methods for disease control in avian species by embryonal vaccination, optical fiber manufacturing, tire sealer and inflater compositions, phase change materials and devices, and various computer and cellular device technologies. Mr. Rose has extensive experience in inter partes review proceedings and investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Registered to practice before U.S. District Courts for Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina, the state courts of North Carolina, USPTO, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest multinational technology and engineering conglomerates in protecting intellectual property, as well as defending against, and navigating around, intellectual property of others.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s most recognized sports figures in counseling and advising on licensing and intellectual property protection issues.
- Counsel to the operator of one of the most visited searchable websites in defending patent infringement allegations.
- Counsel to one of the world’s leaders in fiber-optic technology in enforcing several patents and trade secrets.
- Frequent author and speaker regarding recent developments in patent law, including the America Invents Act. He recently appeared on Bloomberg TV’s “In Focus” to discuss recent Supreme Court patent law precedent.