Brian Sirower’s practice is concentrated primarily on bankruptcy and commercial litigation, including secured creditor representation in connection with income producing properties, secured creditor representation of asset-based lenders, commercial leasing, debtor in possession lending, commercial debtor representation, committee representation on a large and small scale, utility reorganizations, and preference and fraudulent conveyance defense. He has extensive experience in creditor, debtor and committee representation in Arizona and throughout the United States. A representative sample of Mr. Sirower’s engagements include the following:
- National and regional lenders and lessors with respect to a broad array of secured financing transactions and commercial leasing transactions.
- Credit card companies in Chapter 11 proceedings and FTC enforcement actions, including airlines, cruise lines, and retailers.
- Creditor in connection with its acquisition of a water utility through a competing plan in Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Equity security holders committee in the Chapter 11 cases of twelve related debtors which comprised the second largest independent computer leasing business in the United States.
- DIP lender in connection with Chapter 11 reorganization of a regional airline as a prelude to the acquisition of the debtor.
- Approximately eighty (80) single asset real estate limited partnerships in connection with reorganization and restructuring issues.
- A public technology company in Denver, Colorado in connection with its restructuring and sale.
- A municipality in connection with the Chapter 9 bankruptcy of a waste water treatment district in Arizona.
- A national prescription drug distributor in the Chapter 11 of a franchisee of a national drug store chain.
- National and regional lenders in evaluation and resolution of assets acquired from failed FDIC-insured banks.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Colorado, 1998
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1988