Deputy Chair of the Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Department, Brian Hermann focuses on a range of restructuring and bankruptcy matters for both borrower and lender clients. He has extensive experience representing clients in complex out-of-court restructurings and chapter 11 cases nationwide and across a variety of industries. Brian also routinely represents clients in complex litigation arising out of chapter 11.
Brian has represented a number of official and ad hoc committees, including:
- the Ad Hoc Committee of Certain First Lien Senior Secured Creditors of Texas Competitive Electric Holdings Company LLC in the company's chapter 11 case involving approximately $32 billion of secured and unsecured debt;
- an Ad Hoc Group of Certain First Lien Debtholders of Arch Coal in connection with Arch Coal's restructuring through a pre-arranged chapter 11 case and certain related postpetition financing;
- an Informal Committee of Holders of Notes Issued by Xinergy Corp. and Xinergy's postpetition lenders in connection with the company's prepetition restructuring efforts and subsequent chapter 11 case;
- the Informal Committee of Certain Holders of Second and Third Lien Secured Notes of Altegrity, Inc., as well as the DIP lenders, in connection with Altegrity's restructuring through a pre-arranged chapter 11 case;
- the Ad Hoc Group of Certain Bondholders of iPayment Inc. and iPayment Holdings, Inc. in connection with an out-of-court exchange of (i) approximately $375 million of senior notes issued by iPayment Inc. into equity and new second lien notes and (ii) approximately $134 million of senior PIK notes issued by iPayment Holdings, Inc. into new second lien notes, warrants and equity.