For over 40 years, Brian has been representing clients in litigation. He has conducted jury trials, court trials, preliminary injunction hearings, arbitrations, and appeals in state and federal courts. His experience includes:
- Litigation of a broad range of substantive claims, including antitrust, dealership, lender liability, intracorporate disputes, product liability, contract disputes, misrepresentation, defamation, legal malpractice, contract interference, insurance coverage, conversion of intellectual property, breach of fiduciary duty, building construction, patent infringement, and civil rights.
- Frequently serving as a mediator, at the parties’ request, in a wide variety of commercial disputes.
- Serving as an arbitrator, resolving parties' disputes.
- Drawing on his litigation experience with the Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law (WFDL) to regularly advise manufacturers and distributors in matters arising under that statute and other laws governing distribution, including drafting of distributorship agreements.
- Trying major cases to jury verdict or court decision.