Ben W. Subin is a partner with Holland & Knight, the
practice group leader of its Florida Construction Industry Group, and serves as
a member of the firm's Directors Committee.
Mr. Subin's practice focuses on domestic and international construction
contracting and federal government contracts. He has represented contractors,
owners and manufacturers on a range of industrial, commercial, energy and
infrastructure projects, including power plants, seawater desalination
facilities, water/wastewater treatment facilities, reservoirs, citrus processing
facilities, wind turbine projects, commercial buildings, hospitals and retail
In the power industry, he has extensively represented EPC contractors and
turbine manufacturers on power plant projects both domestically and abroad. Mr.
Subin also practices and routinely represents clients in government contract
matters, including both the pursuit and the defense of bid protests at the
federal, state and local government level.
Mr. Subin is Florida Bar Board Certified in Construction Law. He is AV Rated
by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized by Chambers USA, The
Legal 500 USA, The Best Lawyers in America and Florida Super
Lawyers as a leading attorney in Construction Law.
Selected recent representations by Mr. Subin include:
- defense of claims totaling $500 million arising from a turbine purchase
- defense of claims totaling $80 million arising from the construction of a
1,040 megawatt power generation facility
- defense of claims totaling $51 million arising from the construction of a
50million-gallons-per-day seawater desalination facility
- pursuit of claims totaling $45 million arising from the construction of
cement processing facility
- defense of contractor involving a $9 million default termination claim on a