Arnold E. Perl has more than forty (40) years of experience in assisting organizations in labor and employment law, with extensive experience counseling organizations on positive employee relations. He offers a dynamic leadership development program for all levels of management.
Mr. Perl co-authored Simple Solutions with Tom Schmitt from FedEx, published in 2006 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The book presents tried-and-true tactics and leadership models and explains how complex problems can be broken down into simple solutions, harnessing the power of passion and simplicity to get results.
He has successfully argued many cases before various United States Courts of Appeals, and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Perl serves as Chairman of the Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority and has held this position for the last fifteen (15) years. He also serves as Secretary and General Counsel of the Greater Memphis Regional Chamber and Chairs its Aerotropolis initiative.
Mr. Perl was the founding Chairman of the Japan-America Society of Tennessee and Chairman Emeritus (Co-Chair) Southeast US/Japan Association. He is the recipient of the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Rosette, the second highest civilian decoration conferred by the Emperor of Japan.
Frequently quoted by the nation's top media, Mr. Perl's remarks have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, as well as Employment Law 360, Workforce Development Magazine, BNA Daily Labor Report and Automotive News.
Mr. Perl has been listed in each edition of Best Lawyers in America since its inception in 1983, and currently serves on its Advisory Board.
- Top 100 of "Tennessee's Most Powerful People" by Business Tennessee magazine
- "Who's Who" Memphis Magazine Top 100 Influential Leaders
- The Best Lawyers in America (29 years), Labor Law (Management), Employment Law (Management)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Advisory Board
- Chambers USA: America's Guide to Leading Lawyers for Business
- International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers
- "Mid-South Super Lawyers" and "Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel Edition" by Law & Politics magazine"
- 150 Best Lawyers" in Tennessee, Business Tennessee magazine
- MBQ Power Players, 2008-2012, MBQ magazine
- 2005 Communicator of the Year, Public Relations Society of America (Memphis Chapter
- )Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Rosette, conferred by the Emperor of Japan and Japanese government (2nd highest award conferred upon a civilian)
- Airport Minority Advisory Council (AMAC) Hall of Fame
- Diversity Memphis Humanitarian of the Year
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, Memphis & Shelby County Bar Foundation
- Successful argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit in reversing a jury award of a six figure punitive damage award in a sexual harassment discrimination case.
- Successful arguments before the U. S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia which denied enforcement of Bargaining Orders issued by the National Labor Relations Board.
- Part of a team that successfully represented an international client in a multifaceted electronic theft/trade secret matter.