Anthony J. Rash is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and a senior member of the firm’s Product Liability and Transportation Practice Groups. With a particular emphasis in the practice of product liability law, Mr. Rash principally represents and is consulted by various sized manufacturers and retailers in the industrial, commercial, and consumer industries. He also regularly represents interstate carriers by rail in Federal Employers’ Liability Act and personal injury actions. The breadth of Mr. Rash’s practice encompasses representing governmental agencies in civil rights litigation; defending a vast array of individual, business, and professional clients in insurance defense litigation; and providing legal consultation to non-profit entities.
Mr. Rash is admitted to the Bars of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He also has been admitted to practice pro hac vice in numerous federal and state courts across the country. His memberships include the Defense Research Institute, the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, the National Legal Aid & Defender Association, and the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Mr. Rash's professional accomplishments include membership in the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, maintaining AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® since 2004, and being selected The Best Lawyers in America®: 2013 "Lawyer of the Year" in Product Liability Litigation – Defendants for Pittsburgh, The Best Lawyers in America® since 2012: Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® 2014–2015. Mr. Rash also has been honored with appointment as a director of a local government body.
Mr. Rash's speaking engagements and written publications recently include the following:
- Preparing for Product Liability Litigation" (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 10/9/2014
- "Off the Rails: Effective Investigation and Claims Administration of Train-Related Accidents," Claims Management magazine, Issue 1, Vol. 3, pp. 24–29, Jan. 2014
- "Choosing the Winning Theme and the Order of Witnesses with Sample Openings and Examinations" (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 3/28/2014
- "Effective Investigation of Train-Related Accidents" (Co-Presenter), National CLE for Claims Professionals, 9/11/2013
- "An Update on Strict Liability in State and Federal Court" (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 3/14/2013
- "Presenting and Defending Catastrophic Injury Claims" (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 10/20/2011
- "Product Law: What You Need to Know When a Claim is Filed Against Your Product" (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania and West Virginia CLE, 11/13/2008