Anne Cramer serves as counsel to hospitals, nursing homes, community mental health agencies, physician groups and other private healthcare interests in Vermont. Anne serves as counsel to the Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, the Vermont Healthcare Association and the Council for Developmental and Mental Health Services. In her health law practice, Anne advises clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, including fraud and abuse prevention, health information privacy, antitrust compliance, nonprofit organization requirements and employment law. Anne has been listed among The Best Lawyers in America in the field of health law.
- Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, panel discussion entitled “Leveraging the Electronic Exchange of Health Information to Support Health Care Reform”, September 12, 2013.
- Northern New England Association of Healthcare Executives - Legal Hurdles for Healthcare Reform, Woodstock, VT, November 2, 2012
- Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems - The Reality of Increased Government Scrutiny and Enforcement under Health Care Reform, Burlington, VT, September 14, 2012
- Vermont Information Technology Leaders - Vermont Patient Consent Policy Update, Burlington, VT, September 13, 2012
- Vermont Health Information Managers Association - Workshop on the Compendium of Vermont Law Related to Health Information Privacy, Randolph, VT, September 7, 2012
- Anne regularly lectures on health law related topics and she has taught as an Adjunct Professor teaching Commercial Law at the Vermont Law School, and Business Law at the University of Vermont School of Business Administration
Pro Bono Activities:
- Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS), Burlington, VT – Board Member – 2004 to October, 2010; Chair – November, 2007 to October, 2009
- Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ – Board Member – 1992 to 1998, 1999 to present, Chair of Governance Committee, Secretary of Board
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work — Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ: Board Member, 1992 to 1998, 1999 to present; Chair of Governance Committee, 2000-2014; Secretary of Board (current)
Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS), Burlington, VT: Board Member, 2004 to October 2010; Chair – November 2007 to October 2009