Annalyn G. Smith is a partner with Schmoyer Reinhard LLP. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Smith was a partner with the international law firm of Bracewell & Giuliani LLP in the San Antonio office.
Ms. Smith is the head of Schmoyer Reinhard's business and construction litigation group. Since 1985, Ms. Smith has represented clients in a variety of industries from trial through appeal. She has extensive experience in business litigation including:
- Contract disputes
- Trade secret litigation
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Title insurance defense
Ms. Smith also has experience in construction litigation involving issues ranging from lien disputes and condemnation to construction defect claims. Her practice focuses on the representation of:
- General contractors
In addition, Ms. Smith has experience in labor and employment litigation. She counsels clients and has tried cases involving the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers' compensation retaliation, employment contracts, Title VII, and breach of covenants not to compete. Also, Ms. Smith has substantial experience in personal injury cases for non-subscribers to workers' compensation insurance and arbitrations of union grievances.
Ms. Smith served as a briefing attorney for the Honorable Blair Reeves, Fourth District Court of Appeals for the State of Texas.
- Selected as a “Top Rated Lawyer” in Construction Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell in 2013
- Named by peers for inclusion in the 2010-2015 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Named by peers as a Thomson Reuters Texas "Super Lawyer" in 2005 and 2011-2014
- Rated by her peers with the Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” rating
- Named one of San Antonio’s best business litigation lawyers by S.A. Scene from 2011 to 2014
Activities and Affiliations
- Director, San Antonio Bar Association from 2009-2011
- Chair, Litigation Section - San Antonio Bar Association from 2005-2006
- Trustee, San Antonio Bar Foundation from 2004 to 2011, Secretary from 2008-2009, Treasurer from 2009-2010 and Vice Chair for 2010-2011
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member, Construction and Litigation Sections of the State Bar of Texas