Andrew DeNatale has over 35 years of experience in restructuring and insolvency matters. He has served as counsel to a wide range of clients, including secured and unsecured creditors, official and ad hoc committees of creditors, and debtors. He advises on a variety of matters, including major Chapter 11 proceedings, multinational bankruptcy cases and the structure and restructuring of corporate and financial transactions to eliminate or reduce insolvency-related or lender liability risks.
In March 2009, Mr. DeNatale rejoined Stroock’s Financial Restructuring Practice Group as Partner and Head of the Special Situations Lending Group. Mr. DeNatale was the former Co-Head of White & Case’s Financial Restructuring & Insolvency Group.
— REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
Mr. DeNatale’s representations include:
- Creditors’ committees in a number of large bankruptcy cases throughout the United States, including Reliance Group Holdings, Fairfield Communities, Southmark Corporation and The Charter Company.
- Agent and/or lender groups in cases such as YRC Worldwide, Trenwick Group, Superior National Insurance, Barzel Industries, Tinnerman Palnut Engineered Products Inc., First Magnus Corporation and Fleming Companies, Inc.
- Major creditor interests in cases such as SemGroup L.P., Delta, Northwest, United Airlines, US Air, Enron and PG&E.
- The representation of Financial Guaranty Insurance Company in its restructuring efforts.
His participation in structuring and restructuring corporate and financial transactions includes counseling on lender liability, equitable subordination (a topic on which he has been quoted by the U.S. Supreme Court) and derivative transactions.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1976
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1977
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1982
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1978
U.S. Supreme Court, 1979