A partner in the Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Department, Andy primarily practices in the areas of corporate restructuring and bankruptcy with additional focus in representing lenders in providing financing to highly leveraged companies.
Andy has broad experience on both the debtor and creditor side of many recent major bankruptcies and restructurings.
His official and unofficial bank lender and bondholder committee experience includes:
- the Ad Hoc Committee of Bondholders of General Motors Co. in connection with GM's chapter 11 case;
- the Bondholders of CIT Group Inc. in the largest prepackaged bankruptcy ever completed;
- the Ad Hoc Committee of Bondholders of GMAC in a $28.5 billion debt exchange offer, one of the largest exchange offers ever consummated;
- an Ad Hoc Group of Secured Lenders in a cross-border restructuring of U.K.-based Ceva Group Plc, one of the world's largest non-asset based supply chain management companies, through a two part out-of-court exchange;
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Quicksilver Resources Inc., a Texas-based oil and gas exploration and production company with over $2 billion in indebtedness;
- an Ad Hoc Group of Senior Secured Creditors of Oro Negro, a Mexican drilling company, and its subsidiaries, in connection with a restructuring of over $875 million of secured debt obligations issued pursuant to Norwegian law;
- an Ad Hoc Group of Senior Unsecured Creditors of Paragon Offshore plc, a U.K. offshore drilling company servicing oil and gas companies with operations in Brazil, Mexico, the North Sea, the Middle East, and elsewhere, in connection with a restructuring of over $2 billion of secured and unsecured debt obligations;